The Big Reveal... (Pregnancy Update)

As you'll know this pregnancy has been a struggle for me. It was unplanned - to say the least! - and I wasn't ready for it. The boys are so young and I still worry about how I'm going to cope.
Time has passed and I'm almost 21 weeks, half way, and I can say that my head is in a better place. I'm not completely there, it's still nerve wracking but I'm feeling a bit more in control, a bit more used to it and not quite as overwhelmed. I've started to feel baby swimming and kicking around and there is no denying the bump! I read in a different blog that with your first baby you're willing the bump to arrive, to non-verbally show the world your news. With your second you look six months pregnant by your 12 week scan and then with your third baby you look six months pregnant as you walk out of the bedroom! I can confirm this is true!

Yesterday we had our 20 week scan at the hospital. We got there super early to avoid a parking disaster like last time and we both made it into the scan room, phew! The Man was finally seeing his new baby for the first time and he held my hand as we looked up at the screen. I felt a hundred times more relaxed than I did with our first scan and it was what it should have been, a lovely experience of seeing our baby, just like it's meant to be. And to make it better the sonographer told me on the way to the room that this one works better on an empty bladder and to use the loo if I needed to, hooray!
I have to say the lady we had doing our scan was wonderful, we were in there over 30 minutes as she got all the measurements she needed, baby was in an awkward position for a lot of it so I had to get off the bed a couple of times and jump around to try and change it's position (jelly belly in full swing from my 10 month old). We told her before beginning that we'd like to know the sex but would like her to write it down for us rather than tell us and bless her she obliged and really tried hard to find out what it was. Where others may have given up and just said they simply can't see because baby wasn't playing ball - she got me to wriggle and jump around just to find out if it was going to be pink or blue. (I don't know your name but if you happen to read this, you were the best sonographer we've ever had and I can't thank you enough) We left feeling great, with beautiful scan pictures and a folded note with the gender written inside. This note went straight into The Man's pocket and he took it to work with him so I couldn't be tempted to look.
The plan was to have dinner with my friends that night to reveal the sex to them and then I thought it would be kinda fun if that was when I found out too, The Man didn't mind, this is our 3rd (and last) baby so he was happy for me to have some fun with it. The Grandma made some pink and blue cards so I got handed the right envelopes to go and meet my friends....



To find out with the people who mean the most to me, who have helped me not just on this journey but in many others too was so special. They all screamed upon opening their cards and turned them round to reveal to me little pink feet. It's going to be a girl. I cried. I rarely cry, don't get me wrong I'm an emotional person it's just crying doesn't always come out but this was overwhelming. I think they all knew that if I could have chosen then I would have picked to have a girl, not that a boy would have been bad, it still would be wonderful but to know that all of this will result in having a little baby girl at the end of it was the cherry on top. Somehow all this stress, worry and panic feels worthwhile. Meant to be.

Speak soon x

Comments

  1. Love it, love it, love it! I welled up reading this - Thank you for sharing these with us xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Comments like this keep me going. Glad you're enjoying it X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Leave me a comment I'd love to know what you think...