So You Lost Your Temper...

Yesterday I completely lost my shit.

The Toddler spilt milk everywhere! He was drenched head to toe, there was a puddle surrounding him on the carpet and milky patches all over our fairly new and not very cheap foot stool. I say spilt - I mean dribbled. He does this thing where he gets too much milk in his mouth and so decides to squirt out the rest. I was fuming!  I shouted my biggest shout which took me by surprise let alone this tiny child I was directing it to, sent him to the stairs and got to work soaking the milk up to the chorus of both Toddler and Baby crying which made it all the more stressful.
And I just couldn't calm down, he'd move a foot off his spot on the stairs and I'd shout again.

Now I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't that bad and much worse things could happen but it just made me loose my cool big time and I couldn't control it.

When I'd managed to calm down and talk to him (and remove the soaking clothes from him) I felt terrible. I went to the kitchen and cried.
I phoned The Man, he tried to be kind and supportive but there is only so much he can say sat at his desk in front of people that work for him. So I phoned Mum. Now I don't know about you but if I'm upset there is something about speaking to my parents that just makes it all come out, she'd barely picked up the phone when I burst into tears for the second time.

She's been round the block when it comes to kids with myself and my two older brothers and so usually has a few words of wisdom and support in situations like this. Well my call to the cavalry worked, she came to the rescue and got me round to her house that afternoon. And instead of taking the kids off my hands she suggested I do the opposite.
After having The Baby we realised that I hadn't actually spent any time as just me and The Toddler, on our own. And so that was what was prescribed.
Grandma took care of The Baby and The Toddler and I went for a muddy walk.
It was just what we needed. No changing bag, no buggy, no needing to be somewhere for a bottle, just me and my boy. It was lovely.

We ended up staying at The Grandma's long enough to give him tea (saved me a job at home, result!) and to see Grandad come home.
My Dad after the obligatory grandson cuddles gives me the look of  'daughter, what's wrong?' so I tell him I completely lost my temper and he says in his kindest, loving Dad voice "Is that all?".


So...its not always easy and you loose your temper - but that's all.

We're going on a bear hunt....squelch squerch!
Speak soon x

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing, I can totally relate. Sadly, I have no mum in the vicinity who could take the baby for me to have 1 to 1 time with the toddler. It's tough finding your feet with 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly is! I am enjoying having two but it bring new challenges doesn't it?!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I had a day like this yesterday but mine are older (6,5 and 2) meaning the loss of temper seems to be even bigger than it used to be!! Luckily I'm having a couple of hours with just the littlest at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days probably happen more than we care to admit. Enjoy your time with little'un x

      Delete
  3. My Mum came to save me after a night from hell yesterday! I can totally relate to this v honest blog. Having children makes you realise how great your own Mum is. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old mum to the rescue! Definitely appreciate mine more after having kids of my own.
      Thank you for reading and for commenting, it's so nice to know what you all think x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Leave me a comment I'd love to know what you think...