Dear 5.30am...F**k You!

Dear 5.30am...F**k You!
And while we're at it - daylight saving clocks going back f**k you too! You are officially my least favourite time of day. The amount of sleep I got already wasn't brilliant but now?! Now I can only wish for a 6.15 wake up call in the form of The Toddler's footsteps bounding along the landing and into my room. Can't they see it's still dark outside? It should be against the law to wake up when it's still dark. And don't get me started on sleeping through the night. I don't think I have a full nights sleep since before I was pregnant the first time, three years ago! And the teething baby is seeing to it that that remains.
I literally dread seeing this!

Right now I have a cold (that hasn't budged for weeks) and The Man is crazy busy at work and has already left the house by 5.15am, so that means its just little old poorly me to be the adult, the parent, the responsible one when all I want to do is hide under my duvet and block out the sound of little children.
I remember being a teenager and thinking that anything before 8.30 was just a ludicrous time of day and here I am praying for 7am. Haven't times changed. When did I become a 28 year old mother of two?! Surely there's been a mistake and the Fairy God Mother is going to show up any day now, wave that magic wand of hers and make me feel rested and beautiful. Right? Really I think I'd settle for a night away. Since having my boys I have only had one night away from them and it wasn't a nice romantic time away with The Man, it was one night sleeping at a friends house after a hen do and I was home by 9am feeling guilty. I deserve a break don't I? I work hard, bloody hard infact, The Queen gets a holiday away from duties why can't I? Any of you want to take my children for a weekend? I promise they're lovely!

OK, OK I'm exhausted and probably a bit delirious but everyone needs a rant from time to time don't they? And I really do need a break. Suggestions on a postcard please (or just in the comments).

Sincerely yours, 
Mum (only just) Still Standing

Speak soon x

Comments