What I DON'T Miss About My Pre-children Life...

We all know that having babies means making sacrifices. Spontaneity pretty much goes out the window, you can no longer just 'pop' anywhere and even trying to get your hair cut takes some planning but it's not all doom and gloom. Having children in your life brings wonderful times that you can't comprehend until you have them and it also brings an end to certain things too that I for one do not miss...

Only thinking about myself. It was just me, myself and I to worry about but that made me super self conscious and quite self absorbed. What to wear, how my hair is done, when was I going to settle down and find the right man? Did I just see someone wearing the same top as me? Did I say something to upset you? Oh well, I only have myself to think about - get over it.
I'm so glad that this has taught me to put others first, not just my boys but friends and family too. I stop caring about the little things and enjoy life a lot more.

Being in a crowded bar getting constantly elbowed and wanting to take my heels off. This is as much about getting older as it is about having kids. I've had my time, I'm over it.

Hangovers. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy a glass of wine with the girls but I no longer go overboard and thank god! No more puking in toilets, having to sleep sitting up because its a bit too spinny when you lie down and feeling like a zombie for 24 hours. Hooray!

Pressure to have an interesting life. I've never been one for hobbies. My Dad used to say to the teenage me all the time "get a hobby, find an interest" but I was and to an extent still am happy with seeing friends, chatting, drinking and just having a laugh. But on weekends when I pretty much did nothing apart from watch a box set you'd come to Monday morning and get asked "what did you do over the weekend?" and although I had a nice time it sounded a bit daft and boring. But now I have family time and its the best. Whether we go for a walk, or to a park, to see extended family, have a day out somewhere or just have a tickle fight on the floor we make it as fun and happy as we can and that's the kind of weekend I'm happy to talk about.

I don't miss the woman I was before. I'm 100% happier now than I've ever been and I have a feeling that's only going to get better as we reach new milestones along the way. (Although I wouldn't complain if I could have a shower without an audience)



Speak soon x


Comments