Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hi I'm Mum Still Standing and I guess this is where I start my blogging journey.

A little bit about me - I have just celebrated my 28th birthday, I'm a little bit plump around the edges (thanks kids! and chocolate) although working on reducing said plumpness. I am a 'stay at home mum' I can't quite call myself a 'housewife' as I'm not yet married to The Man although The Man will be in trouble if he does not become The Husband by time I turn 30!

I have two young boys, The Toddler is two and a half (the half is all important when you're young isn't it?) and The Baby is almost four months. 
I may not be totally new to the whole mum thing but I am definitely new to being a mum of two and the challenges that brings. I have a feeling it's just going to get harder!
I'm slightly frazzled on a good day and pulling that frazzled hair out on a bad day.

This blog is going to document the highs, lows and snotty noses of my family life. I am not a super mum, I don't look like the mums in the magazines with perfect hair and smiling even though the green and red play dough's are getting spectacularly mixed up. I take my kids to aldi probably more than I take them to the park but I'm trying and I'm learning as I go which all mums do right? Right?!

To give you an idea of my time at home - in writing these few paragraphs I have had to give The Baby his dummy back 3 times as he's meant to be sleeping and keeps waking up without it, changed the TV onto two different episodes of thunderbirds for The Toddler (which are all saved to the planner out of necessity) and had to say that I will help him build a tower "in a minute" about 4 times. Oh and the washing machine is on - again - seriously they're little people how do they make soooo much washing?!

So that's me for now.
I hope you will enjoy reading this. 

Speak soon x


Comments

  1. Very funny! Look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet another mum still standing...I'm only mum of one and still finding my feet two years on. Looking forward to hearing about your encounters with a glass of red wine in hand! Roll on the next update...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd had someone like you around when my children were small to help me keep my sanity! You are a wonderful mum and I'm soooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Leave me a comment I'd love to know what you think...