18 Ways You Know You Have a Toddler...

Toddlers really are the cutest, craziest bundles of fun. Every day bring a smile and a new thought of 'where did you learn that?' and its brilliant. But there are also lots of 'why are you upset now?' moments.
You know you have a toddler when...

A short walk takes ages because they have to inspect everything.

They change their minds all the time in particular immediately after making a decision. "I'd like the blue cup, no the red one, yellow one mummy YELLOW!"

You will receive lots of presents. (pebbles)

You can never use the hand dryer in a public bathroom. Never.

A simple tower or train track are no longer acceptable, you must combine the two.


Snot. Just snot.

What they happily eat one day they will refuse the next.

Your hear the cutest, most heart-melting things like "you're my best friend Mummy".

Thunderbirds are the first thing your eyes see in the morning.


They will get upset over strange things - I went shopping and picked up some shower gel for Daddy, Toddler wants to hold it, fine. Then throws an absolute wobbly and screams "No! My Daddy's!" when I come to put it on the conveyor belt to pay for it.

"Come on Mummy" becomes a common phrase.

You automatically sit on the floor for any kind of social gathering.

When you do sit, kneel or even think about lying on the floor they will climb on you and stand on your boobs.

You will find those little toy cars everywhere. In your bed, behind the curtains, next to the toilet, in your handbag, in the drawer with the DVDs and so on.

For some reason a toast shaped like a man will get eaten in two seconds as opposed to regular toast which may not get touched at all.


You hide to eat.

Everything 'belongs' to them. 'My ball', 'my car keys', 'my phone', 'my TV', 'my Grandma' 'my pink dolls house that definitely belongs to my friend'.

Even if you decide to use the upstairs toilet, they will find you. And they will kill you. (Sorry that went a bit Liam Neeson but you know what I mean)

Speak soon x





Comments