The Unspoken Mum Code...

When I first became a mum I remember feeling like I'd entered a club, not a very exclusive club admittedly only a few billion members but now I'd been let in on the secret, I knew what they knew and it was nice.

Now some mums just go about their business and keep themselves to themselves, maybe they're having a beyond shite day or maybe they're just not all that friendly but a lot of mums follow the Unspoken Mum Code. These mums have been there so they will and try and lend a helping hand wherever they can.
Those helping hands come in many forms and all are greatly appreciated. It could be that you're in a busy cafe with a toddler that wants to run away and a baby that needs feeding and you're looking around for an empty table wondering what you're gonna do - another mum will give you a nudge to say that she's leaving and you can take her table, lifesaver. Or the mum that sees you slowly driving past the parent and child parking spaces and will give you a nod to let you know she's leaving because she knows how important that extra space either side of the car is (and by the way if you still have to put your kids in the car and then put the trolley away - don't rush, I know how long it takes and I'm willing to wait for you).



It might be a legendary mum who lets you jump the toilet queue because although she has a baby's nappy to change you have a toilet training toddler and she wants to help you avoid an accident.
Or one that gives you a friendly 'tough isn't it?' look at the park. She may even say that aloud to you, but this is never a judgement, its an open door for you to have a mini vent with them because they've had a tough day too. 

While some of you may vomit at the thought of a sisterhood I kind of like it. So to all the mums that have given me a hand - Thank you and I'll do what I can to return the favour.

Speak soon x




Comments