Hello Autumn...

Beautiful colourful crunchy leaves, searching for conkers and going for walks wrapped up in big scarfs makes Autumn probably my favourite time of year.
It means change - from greens to oranges and reds, from warm days to chilly air, from sun tans to flushed cheeks, bikinis (if only!) to big jumpers and from a tall glass with ice to a hot chocolate with cuddles, I love it all.

Its the best time of year to get out about with friends and family, go for a wonder around and turn into nature explorers - The Toddler can't get enough.
Today we went to the park and had a walk by the river and he was in his element, his little face lit up as I asked him to look for a yellow leaf and off he went on the hunt, we skewered them all on a twig and brought it home to show Daddy.
A few days ago we went looking for "onkers" (conkers) we've collected quite a few although I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, he's a bit small for smashing them on a string! Any ideas?


This Autumn in particular feels special and is getting me excited for the Winter ahead, it's going to be the first Christmas where he'll understand what's happening and our first Christmas as a family of four. I can't wait!
It's starting to feel like a real family now, does that make sense? I know we've had children for two and a half years but since The Baby has come along it feels more on the way to being complete and whole (nearly - I don't have little girls feet toddling around yet, that would be a nice addition) but I quite like having more than one child especially as now I can have a conversation with one of them!

So for the rest of the year I'm looking forward to:
Picking blackberries
Carving a pumpkin
Handing out sweets to little faces on Halloween
Jumping around in more leaves
Baking an apple crumble
Pulling on big socks and boots
Finding cute presents for friends for Christmas
Making sock snowmen
Visiting Santa for the first time
Roast dinners
And other lovely Autumn/Winter things that I haven't thought of yet.

Hope you enjoy your Autumn too.

Speak soon x

Comments

  1. more than happy its autumn too! Love wrapping up and the crisp mornings. theres nothing better than that first breath of crisp fresh air in the morning...god you've got me at it now.x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
Leave me a comment I'd love to know what you think...